In Eastern Liberation you attempt to liberate the Riverland region from the clutches of the evil Scarlet Ring.
The region is divided into a number of sectors, which you try to gradually conquer. Under your leadership, the lawful residents of the region rebel against the Scarlet Ring. Not only you use them to drive the Ring out, they also donate to your cause and you can gather these donations to help you in your campaign.
Under the directions of Aldaryn you have managed to construct a magical portal that can move supplies directly to Riverport, the region's south city which is your initial target. You then proceed in the other areas.
Scarlet Ring has a moderate presence in River Bastion and Ice Prison and becomes gradually stronger in Snow Watch, Hydra's Head, Dragonskull and Vildaria's Tower.
How to access Eastern Liberation: Only powerful heroes can access the Eastern Liberation expansion. In order to gain access you must have discovered Translocation. This will unlock a mission which will guide you to construct the magical portal in your Headquarters:
Click on the portal to go the the Eastern Liberation map!
2. Eastern Liberation Map
The territory is divided into a number of sectors, as depicted on the main Eastern Liberation map shown below.
Sectors controlled by Scarlet Ring are shown in red and sectors controlled by the rebels under your command are shown in yellow.
Your goal is to eliminate Scarlet Ring's presence from all sectors!
Some sectors contain significant Scarlet Ring's outposts. These are very strong, so you must exercise caution when dealing with them! Scarlet Ring's outposts are indicated by this icon:
3. Gold Pieces
Gold pieces are used to increase the rebels' power and influence in the region.
You gain gold pieces in the following ways:
1. Automatically: Each sector generates a fixed number of gold pieces per hour, which are deposited in the Collection Cap. Click on this button to gather your gold pieces and safely deposit them into the rebel vault:
The Collection Cap has a limit, that depends on your Rebel Base level. The higher the level of your base the higher the maximum cap.
2. Send Units: You can also aid the Rebels directly, by sending reinforcements from your outposts. To simplify logistics, the gold piece value of your units is deposited directly in the vault. You send units to the Rebels from your Strategy Center.
3. Send Potions: Similarly, you can send potions to help the rebel campaign and these are converted into gold, deposited directly into the vault. The advanced technology of your crafted potions can be quite valuable to the Rebels!
4. Spend CP: You can spend Character Points to increase your available gold pieces.
Important: You cannot take gold pieces away from Eastern Territories. Once transferred, gold pieces will remain in the vault until used.
4. Skills and Actions
The Rebel army is characterized by a single power rating, which is shown at the bottom left as "Power". You convert gold pieces to Power in order to increase it.
The "Rebel Base" limits the maximum possible Power. Each time you increase the Rebel Base level, your maximum possible Power increases as well (the current Power remains the same of course).
Before you can Attack a sector you must spend gold pieces to Scout it. Scouting success is not automatic, you see your success chance under the Scout button.
Important: Scouting information remains valid until the daily reset, at which point any unconquered sectors lose their 'scouted' status. You must scout these sectors again if you want to free them.
When you click on a scouted sector you are presented with the following information and action buttons:
* Propaganda decreases the morale of the Scarlet Ring's forces in the sector, so they inflict less damage to the Rebel Army. Success is not automatic! You see your success chance under the button.
* Sabotage decreases the defense support of the Scarlet Ring's forces in the sector, so the Rebel Army inflicts more damage. Success is not automatic! You see your success chance under the button.
* Attack sends the Rebel Army to attempt to free the sector! Quite obviously, success is not automatic. However, any damage you inflict on the Scarlet Ring's forces will remain until the daily reset (when the Scarlet Ring will replenish its forces to maximum power).
5. Winning Eastern Liberation
Your goal is to eliminate Scarlet Ring's presence from all areas and return the territory to its lawful citizens! To achieve this you must strengthen the forces of the Rebels so that they can free all sectors.
Key points to remember are:
1. Access Eastern Liberation by clicking on the Portal in your Headquarters. As a reminder, this only appears after you have discovered Translocation and completed the relevant mission.
2. Collect your gold pieces regularly! You can increase the Collection Cap by increasing the level of your Rebel Base.
3. Use Propaganda and Sabotage wisely. You must judge whether the cost justifies the improvement of your chances.
4. Scarlet Ring's Bases are very powerful.
5. Freeing some sectors may unlock new missions!